Register and
get 25 SJ points!
The Danish Market Marks Success After Sweden
The Danish Market Marks Success After Sweden

The Danish Market Marks Success After Sweden

27.09.2017 10:08
Gambling markets, on a whole, are often looked at from a purely financial aspect in an effort to see how well, or how poorly, the country or region itself is performing as a singular entity rather than a company to company due to the foreign company impacts and the foreign presences.
Denmark’s gambling market itself is following the trend set by Sweden’s recent financial upward moves with a 4% increase year-on-year from Q2!
Another Scandinavian Success: Danish Market-1
Spillemyndigheden are the Danish Gambling Authority, and they released the Q2 statistics recently, which is available in full on the website, but we have concentrated the report below to see just how and where the Danish gambling market finances are doing well.
Q2 Overview
On the whole, Q2 saw an increase in both Q1 totals and Q2 totals against any of the last 3-4 years. The overall totals come from 4 separate gambling elements which, for the most part, were a steady increase or a constant figure when you look at 2017 on a whole for Q1 and Q2.
The betting quarter had growth of around 0.6% in Q2 which as a number seems small, but in terms of growth in that aspect and product, its good news.
  • Payout ratio up by 0.5 to 90.7%
  • Stakes up to around 5,600
  • Quarterly growth of 0.6%
The betting quarter in Q1 made a downward move with -5.7% growth, so this slight positive is a step back in the right direction. The 0.6% is achieved without there being any huge or major sports events in the quarter, making that growth more impressive against other years where there were such big events taking place at the same time.
However, in terms of the number of transactions taking place, land-based bookmakers still lead the way, accounting for 53.9 percent of the number of individual transactions taking place.
Online Casinos
As an individual gambling element, Online Casinos saw an increase of 10.3% against Q1 of this year, and to paint a bigger picture, over 200% of an increase to Q2 in 2014 just 3 years ago.
  • Stakes up to around 11,600
  • Prizes up to around 11,170
  • Commission at 33.0 which is a slight drop to Q1
Over the course of the twelve months between July 2016 and June 2017, 71.2 percent of total turnover in online casinos came from gaming providers’ standard websites, with the remaining 28.8 percent generated from mobile platforms.
Another Scandinavian Success: Danish Market-2
Land-based Casinos
After another area of “dropping” in Q1 this year, a welcome 2.1% growth from Q1 to Q2 is greatly received, but Q2 itself is the lowest CGR since 2014.
Over the course of the twelve months between July 2016 and June 2017, land-based casinos generated 375.4 million kroner in GGR, or an average of 31.3 million kroner a month. When taking account for the varying lengths of each month, GGR was lowest in December 2016 (0.95 million kroner in GGR per day), while April 2017 was the month with highest daily GGR (1.11 million kroner a day). On average, casinos generated 1.03 million kroner a day in GGR between July 2017 and June 2016.
Gaming machines
Q2 has, for the last 3 years, been more profitable than Q1 for gaming and slot machine business – that’s in both Restaurants and Gaming Arcades:
  • Restaurant figures up from 85.1 to 87.5 (2.9%)
  • Arcades with a good growth increase from 285.0 to 299.5 (5.1%)!
Gaming machines generated 1.49 billion kroner in GGR over the twelve months between July 2016 and June 2017. On average, restaurants generated 28.4 million kroner in GGR a month, whilst arcades generated 95.8 million kroner a month. Put another way, GGR from restaurants and arcades combined averaged 4.1 million kroner a day. For both restaurants and arcades, GGR was highest in April 2017, totaling 31.0 million and 108.3 million respectively.
Login to vote!
Login to post a comment!
Latest comments
Kodala posted comment in
Wild Tornado Сasino
dee6977 posted comment in
Bob Casino
AlexTop posted comment in
Tmore posted comment in
Tmore posted comment in
Tmore posted comment in
Tmore posted comment in
Mrdkiss23 posted comment in
Back to Top