In Germany at least, casinos with Giropay are already very standard, and it is not expected to be too long until this is also the case in the UK, as well as in the rest of the world.
Giropay made a rapid impact on the market when it was launched in 2006, and just two years later some 3.2 million transfers were made by using the online payment platform. Many German, Dutch, and Austrian banks have teamed up with Giropay to ensure customers can use the method to deposit their money into casino bank balances.
With the system working by allowing casino customers to make direct online transfers from their bank accounts, it is clear Giropay is one of the fastest deposit methods available.
Giropay casinos only take euros using the payment platform at the moment, which could be an issue for UK casino players who do not have an account with a German bank, for example.
Casinos That Accept Giropay
Giropay casinos are becoming more common throughout Europe as more and more casino operators adopt the technology as one of their chosen preferred payment methods.
Here are just a few of the casinos that are accessible to gambling fans right now that have Giropay as a payment option.
- Grand Ivy Casino
- Flume Casino
- Atlantic Spins Casino
- SpinStation Casino
- Split Aces Casino
- Kerching Casino
- Mr Jack Vegas
- Seven Cherries Casino
- Bright Star Casino
- Ace Lucky Classic
The number of Giropay casinos throughout the world seems to be on the rise, so blackjack and roulette fans should keep an eye out for more operators adopting the technology soon.
Advantages of Using Giropay
- Speed is key when adding funds into a casino account, and Giropay is one of the fastest methods available, so this is a big tick in the box for this option.
- Connecting a bank account with Giropay is a straightforward process to go through, and it means users can add funds to their accounts in a matter of moments.
- Online casinos Giropay include some of the most recognizable operators in the business, which is good news for those players who like to spend their cash with big-name betting brands.
- Extra security is another advantage of using Giropay to move money into a casino account, as it is a safer option than transferring funds directly from a bank account.
Giropay protects personal finance information, so casino players can feel assured these details are not going to be shared with the site they are using to play slot games, roulette, and blackjack.
Disadvantages of Giropay
Like a lot of payment options, the big drawback for Giropay casinos is that they are only found in certain parts of the world. The German company has a big business in its home country but has yet to expand across Europe much further than Austria and the Netherlands.
- Needing to have a bank account with one of the German banks to have an affiliation with Giropay is a step that will rule out a lot of UK players from being able to use the method.
- It is also not possible to withdraw cash from a casino balance into a Giropay account, although the method can still be used to move the funds directly into a bank account instead.
- Casinos with Giropay are also likely to charge a fee for using the technology to transfer money.
||Min. €10/Max. €5,000
||Min. €10/Max. €5,000
||Min.EUR 10 /Max. EUR 1,000
||Min. €10/Max. €5,000
How to Pay
- Visit any Giropay casino site.
- Choose Giropay payment option.
- Then you'll be redirected to your online bank.
- Confirm the payment.
*Screenshot from slotsmagic.com
Where to Find Giropay Casinos
In the UK, Giropay casinos are growing, but the disadvantages named above could hold back players from being able to use the payment option, regardless of its notable plus points.
The bullet-point list earlier in the guide provides several options for those who do want to find online casinos Giropay where they can play games such as poker and baccarat.
And we have done the research to put together this comprehensive list to help you out too!
|| Amatic, BGaming, Endorphina, Evolution, Microgaming, NetEnt, Quickspin, Yggdrasil
||Malta, UK, Alderney
||Evolution, Microgaming, NetEnt
||Cyprus, Costa Rica
||NetEnt, Microgaming, Yggdrasil
|| Big Time, Microgaming, NetEnt, NextGen, Quickspin, Yggdrasil
Using Giropay Summary
Giropay casinos can be found in the UK, though only those who are registered to a German bank will be able to use the method to deposit funds into their accounts.
*Screenshot from trends.builtwith.com
It does seem likely that Giropay will try to continue its expansion into other European countries in the coming years, having had some success with its growth in Austria and the Netherlands in the fairly recent past.
Not being able to use Giropay would be a shame as the payment option is fast and safe, and compares well with the very best options available when depositing funds into casino balances.
For now, though, the potential customer base for Giropay casinos in the UK is quite small.