Remember Gulag is a top-tier slot with a historical theme by NoLimit City launched on 19/04/2022. It is really a bold move on behalf of the developer to create a slot about the Gulag, the forced labour camps in the Soviet Union. But, if you know anything about NoLimit City is that they don't shy away from controversies, and they definitely push the limits with their new, innovative slot.
That said, the main goal of the slot was to preserve the memory and impact of the forced-labour camps built by Lenin. Otherwise, it is a highly volatile game with an RTP of 96.08%, which is around the industry average, and the maximum prize is worth 30,000x your stake. If you're ready to learn more, this guide will cover the best casinos where you can play Remember Gulag, and we've also included its main features, game symbols, maximum winning potential, and more.
Best Casinos to Play Remember Gulag for Real Money
Our top system has autoselected the best casinos where you can play Remember Gulag for real money, or you can also play for fun. Anyway, the casino sites which are recommended are legitimate and safe and are licenced by reputable organizations, which means your personal data is protected.
Moreover, most casino sites offer a variety of bonuses and promotions for their members, which means that you can take advantage of the bonuses and have an even more enjoyable gaming experience. Finally, all you need to do is check them out, look for the promotions and bonuses they have in store, and compare their features before making your final decision.
Once you get into it, it's pretty easy to play Remember Gulag, and you'll know what to expect. Of course, the first step would be to find a trustworthy online casino that offers NoLimit City games.
Log into your account
Open the game library and a load the game
Place your bets
Press the Spin button to start playing
This is a 6-reel and up to 5-row video slot with 144 paylines by default which can get extended up to 614,656. The RTP in the base game of 96.08% and there is a maximum payout of 30,000x your bet. The bets range from €0.20 to €100. The symbols are based on the historical Soviet Union theme, and you will play with historical figures like Stalin and Zhukov. The game doesn't feature a jackpot.
RTP and Volatility
The RTP of 96.08%. is paired with high volatility.
This is a highly valuable slot game, while the RTP might differ based on the options you have chosen. But if you have played the game naturally, it will be 96.08%, or it can also drop to 94.37%. Otherwise, it has well-balanced gameplay, but this is a really volatile game; therefore, you shouldn't maximize your bankroll and play carefully. The highest payout is worth 30,000x your stake, while there is plenty of bonus buy options, bonus games, and special features that can help you win the greatest prize.
Remember Gulag, as the name suggests, has a unique historical theme relevant to the propaganda of the Soviet Union. Actually, there is a button with the name 'Propaganda'. In terms of the symbols, it uses the Cyrillic alphabet to present the card royals, while the premium symbols in the game are historical figures like Stemov, Stalin, and others. So, it's safe to say that it stays true to the heavy theme with the graphics having an impeccable design.
The card royals are depicted by the Cyrillic alphabet, while the premium symbols are political figures relevant to that time period, including Semenov, Beria, Stalin, and others. Stalin is the most valuable symbol, while the less valuable symbols are the card royals.
With three scatters, you will activate the Gulag Spins bonus round. You have four scatters on the reality that will activate the other bonus games, Gulag Spins: All Aboard, and finally, if you have five scatters will trigger the Gulag Spins: Double Vodka. The last bonus game will also double your winnings. There are two kinds of wilds. A regular wild which replaces regular symbols except for scatters and the xSplit Wild. The latter splits the symbols to the left and right on the reels; thus, you will play with more symbols, and also, every scatter on the reels will be transformed into wild.
Remember Gulag is HTML5 powered slot and you can play it from your smartphone's browser. It can be played on iOS and Android smartphones, tablets, or on other small devices.
About NoLimit City
It is an exceptional game studio with over ten years of experience in the iGaming industry. The team of professionals is committed to delivering a memorable, one-of-a-kind gaming experiences through slots. Actually, they have invented integrated mechanisms that enhance the gaming experience of the users, like the xSplit Wilds, xWays, and XNudge Wild. As they are willing to take a risk and not only with the gameplay but also with the theme they work on, you will find a wide variety of slots such as Hot Nudge, Punk Rocker, Misery Mining, Punk toilet, and other titles.
Bonus Rounds & Free Spins
There are plenty of bonus features, games, as well as free spins, which make the game exciting and can potentially enhance your winnings as well.
The XNudge Wild is nudged multiple times until it covers an entire reel. In case you have both xNudge Wild and xSplit Wild, you will get double xNudge Wild symbols that will multiply your winnings.
In order to activate the Gulag Spins bonus round, you need at least three scatters on the reels. The bonus mode will activate the premium characters on the reels which bring you free spins and multipliers. The Gulag Spins bonus round randomly increases your multiplier by one or 2x. It can also double the value.
Gulag Spins All Aboard, which needs four scatters, will activate every character in the game. When you land five scatters, you will unlock Gulag Spins Double Vodka, which increases the multiplier by 2x, 4x, or double the value. For each new scatter during the bonus rounds, you will receive an extra free spin.
xWay symbol can only show up on reels 1, 2, and during the bonus round on reels 5 and 6. It will reveal more regular pay symbols on the reels, and it can also double the multiplier values.
xSplit Wilds will double the number of symbols on the reels and split them left to right. Hence, you will have more chances of landing a winning combo. In case there are both xWays symbols on the reel and xSplit Wilds the multiplier will also be doubled.
Nolimit Bonus and Propaganda Bet
You'll be glad to know that there are four bonus buy options. First, you can press the Propaganda button if you want to receive a guaranteed scatter on reel 2 and increase the chance of activating the Gulag Spins. It costs you 20% more to place a bet. Next, the Gulag Spins cost 78x the bet. Moreover, you can get the Gulag Spins: All Aboard, which is worth 270x your stake. Plus, there are Gulag Spins: Double Vodka that cost 486x your stake. Lastly, the fourth is a Lucky Draw option which is worth 198x your bet that will give you a 60% random chance to get Gulag Spins, 20% Gulag Spins: All Aboard, and 20% Gulag Spins: Double Vodka.
The RTP rates during the Propaganda mode and different Gulag Spins buy options vary:
Propaganda mode - 96.52%
Gulag Spins 3 Scatters - 96.56%
Gulag Spins 4 Scatters - 96.82%
Gulag Spins 5 Scatters - 96.94%
Lucky Draw Feature - 96.83%
Remember Gulag Demo Play
You can play the game in demo mode on reputable casino sites and the official site of the developer. We have included it here on our site so that you can play it for free without risking real money. Use as much time as you need in order to learn more about it, before visiting an online casino.
The top prize in Remember Gulag is 30,000x the stake
The maximum winning potential is great, especially since this is an extremely volatile slot game. You can win the highest payout of 30,000x your stake if you trigger one of the bonus games. There are four bonus games that can reward you with free spins, multipliers, extra symbols, and up to 614,656 paylines.
The unique slot game will provide you with an immersive and engaging gaming experience. It has a historical theme and deals with the controversial topic of the Gulag, but otherwise, it has plenty of great features, xNudge Wilds, xWays symbols, xSplit Wilds, and bonus buy options. So, you need to brace yourself for exciting gameplay with an RTP of 96.08% during the base game.
Controversial and triggering theme
How Volatile is Remember Gulag?
This is a highly volatile slot with adjustable RTP from 96.08 % during the base game and up to 96.94% in the Buy feature.
Is Remember Gulag a Mobile-Friendly Game?
It is fully optimized for mobile gaming and playable across iOS and Android devices.
Can I play remember Gulag for Real Money?
Yes, you can if you sign up on a reputable online casino and make your deposit.
Rainbow Riches Race Day
Into The Wild Megaways
Micropirates & the Kraken of the Caribbean
Author:Joe BoothJoe is an expert online casino player, who knows all the tricks and tips on how to get to the most massive wins. He is also an experienced online casino games reviewer, with hundreds of written articles behind him, on all kinds of online casino games. He makes sure to play them, see how they work, and then gives his honest expert opinion about them to other players, our readers.
Rate this slot and leave a review
Based on 1 reviews
4 lvl Slotshunter
Nolimit City surprising again with yet another great highly volatile slot with explicit design, that gives that retro Russian vibe, allowing you to picture the old days. The amount of courage provider has, touching tricky topics and exploring the depth of stereotypes and quite unique sense of humor. There are three bonus games that can be triggered, with features like, increasing multipliers for premium symbols, xways, xnudges. Big win animations will certainly make you smile more than once.